Friday, June 18, 2021
Sunday, May 9, 2021
Friday, April 23, 2021
14 5/8" x 17 1/2"
Oil on Canvas, framed
13 5/16" x 21 5/16"
Oil on canvas, framed
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Saturday, March 6, 2021
- 158 Main StreetEast Hampton, NY 11937 United States
This year Guild Hall celebrates its 90th Anniversary and its 83rd Artist Members Exhibition, and we are thrilled to announce Gagosian Director and Curator Antwaun Sargent as the awards juror.
The first Artist Members Exhibition took place in 1938, shortly after Guild Hall’s inception in 1931. The exhibition is the oldest non-juried show on Long Island and one of the few non-juried exhibitions still running. Deeply rooted in the history of the East End artist colony, early participants included Jackson Pollock, Lee Krasner, Alfonso Ossorio, Perle Fine, Bill King, James Brooks, Charlotte Park, John Little and many more, showing their support of Guild Hall and its role as their community Museum, Theater, and Education Center.
Due to the wonderful popularity of this exhibition, over 400 artists participate each year. The Artist Members Exhibition attracts remarkable art world professionals as awards jurors who select winners in the categories of Top Honors, Best Abstract, Best Representational, Best Photograph, Best Work on Paper, Best Sculpture, Best Mixed Media, Catherine and Theo Hios Best Landscape Award, Best New Artist and up to 10 Honorable Mentions. The Top Honors winner is also awarded a solo exhibition in the Museum at a later date. We are honored to include Antwaun Sargent to the list of esteemed jurors.
The new tradition of creating an ecommerce website in conjunction with the exhibition continues this year in addition to virtual gallery tours and artist talks.
TIMED TICKETS AND VISITOR INFORMATION
To ensure the health and safety of its visitors in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Guild Hall has instituted the following measures:
- Reservations to visit the Museum are recommended. You can reserve timed tickets online or by calling 631-324-0806 Friday-Sunday, 12-5 p.m. Drop-ins are also welcome!
- Visitors are asked to be on time for their appointment. Visits are for a maximum of one hour and no more than 50 people will be allowed in the museum galleries at a time.
- Visitors should enter through the left most front door of the building and check in with the Receptionist at the box office. A one-way footpath proceeds throughout the museum.
- Masks are required in the building for all patrons over the age of 2.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet is encouraged in the museum galleries and lobby.
Saturday, February 13, 2021
|Maple Leaf Study|
oil on canvas, 5" x7"
oil on canvas, 6" x 6"
oil on canvas, 5" x 7"
The third a bouquet of Mum blossoms in a perfume bottle.
|Working on "Mums"|
|Sag Harbor Variety Store|
oil on canvas, 8" x 10"
|View from Hugh's Easel|