Sunday, June 30, 2013

Plein Air Potato Field

The Hamptons are home to beautiful farmlands. The farm on 114 and Stephen Hands Path is one that we had driven past and admired for years. Recently we visited with our paints and easels. As soon as I stepped out of the car I closed my eyes and inhaled. The smell was amazing. A bouquet of herbes de Hampton. Something that I certainly didn't notice or appreciate whizzing by in the car. We set up our easels with the hope of capturing the view.
Red winged black birds flying in and out of the brush.
Clouds drifting across the perfect blue sky.
Bees buzzing around the potato blossoms.
I was doing more dreaming than doing.
I stood back and walked over to check Hugh's progress.
He nailed it. 
I love his point of view.
Potato Field by Hugh Gallagher
I think you'll see us here again.
Information from the Peconic Land Trust about farm stands here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!