Sunday, February 16, 2014

Treasure Island Sketchbooks

We opened our sketchbooks to the beauty of Treasure Island and Goff Cove in Laguna Beach this past December. It all seems a beautiful dream as I sit here in the Northeast watching yet another blizzard outside my window.  Its a joy to look through the photos now and think of my husband Hugh and I painting outside in the warm California sun.
Hugh Gallagher sketchbook
We both used watercolor kits from Winsor Newton. Hugh also used a little pocket set of colored pencils, one of those "grab and go" items you see at the check-out in art stores.  Hugh's sketchbook is made by Moleskine, mine is a Hand Book.
Gail Gallagher sketchbook
Hugh Gallagher sketchbook
Hugh Gallagher sketchbook
Gail Gallagher sketchbook
Hugh Gallagher sketchbook

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! Love seeing your sketchbooks! Lovely work in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See..I missed thi one too:(

    How lovely..The glimpses into your sketchnooks..the views..the paints..
    Are they Moleskins?
    I LOVE them!
    The first small one I finished ...w/ all the flaws..is a little personal treasure for me:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!