Thursday, October 23, 2014

Women Painting Women

Before seeing Mr Turner we stopped in to the conveniently located Richard J. Demato Gallery to see Women Painting Women.
An amazing print by Andrea Kowch drew me into the gallery. Graceful women in gauzy gowns, jarred fireflies all aglow before a lighthouse and moonlit sea. I am reminded of the three graces: beauty, charm and joy. Kowch paints the world of dreams. Light Keepers, indeed.
Light Keepers by Andrea Kowch
60" x 72" Acrylic on Canvas image from Andrea's Facebook page here 
Light Keepers 39" x 47.5" limited edition of 10 print available at the Demato Gallery
Women Painting Women features the work of 28 artists.
All stunning.
What a great idea.
La Pesanteur et La Grace by Odile Richer
oil on canvas 48" x 36"
gallery image here
Video portrait of artist Odile Richer
Adrienne Stein is another incredible artist featured. 
Her portrait Olivia is lush with detail.
Wouldn't you love to have her paint your portrait?
Olivia by Adrienne Stein
Acrylic on Canvas 36" x 30"
image via
Margot Selski's work is full of meticulous detail.
Memory of a Lullaby by Margot Selski
oil and beeswax on canvas 30" x 40"
image via
Interview with Margot Selski
I wasn't familiar of any of the artists in this show.
Where have I been?!
St Laurent Girl by Sherry Wolf
acrylic on canvas 62" x 62"
image via
My photo closeup of Daydream by Candice Bohannon
oil on panel 35" x 24" 
original image here
Daydream by Candice Bohannon
image via
So many fascinating and beautiful paintings.
I've only shown you a few of them. 
Please go to the RJD Gallery or their link here to see them all.
The Richard J. Demato Fine Arts Gallery is on Main Street in Sag Harbor.

2 comments:

  1. Where have you been?
    Where have I been?
    I love this post and the videos.
    Odile Richer..right here and I never even knew of her!
    Love so many works here..
    AK...so life-like!
    It is a conundrum why your posts don't come to me..but all I have to do is start typing in my browser..:paint..and sure enough the rest fills in with you.
    Thank you for teaching me lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I posted the Odile video.... the works were awe inspiring. I wonder why the "subscribe by email" is not working. I'll check my blog settings... or I'll just have to send you the new posts myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!