Saturday, January 17, 2015

Winter Blues

There is something about the stark beauty of Peconic Bay in winter. 
Ice defines edges.
Crusts of snow blur.
Nature's dichotomy.
It can be purifying or punishing.
Scallop shells tossed by the frozen waves mix with snow.
The bayshore draped in its winter jewels.
The clouds, sea and ice are layers of blue tones.
Beautiful and still.
Indoors, I admire my beach finds.
Souvenirs
Bowl by Megna Glass

Winter is a great time for doing indoor things, such as visiting art galleries that I missed during those summer beach days. Monika Olko Gallery in Sag Harbor carries art by Shelter Island artist Kia Pedersen. A few of her sea inspired paintings are below.  Beautiful blues!
Blue Azure by Kia Pedersen
36 x 72 inches. image via Hamptons Art Hub 
Splash by Kia Pedersen
oil on canvas 35" x 72" image via
Kia Pedersen
photo by Bev Walz via Northforker

Kia Pedersen is a painter, sculptor, print maker and architect.
I look forward to learning more about Pedersen and her work.

Links
Kia Pedersen website
Shelter Island's Newest Art Studio - Northforker
Hand On with Kia Pedersen - The Insider WWD
Kia Pedersen Answers "Call of the Sea" - Hamptons Art Hub

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see it in summer ..spring..winter and fall..But your shells w/ the ice..snow..That's my coup de coeur!
    She is lovely..Nordic I am thinking..
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post to warm my blues on a chilly winter New York day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!