Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Something in a Floral

As I hope for signs of spring, magazines are filled with floral teasers.
Michael Kors Spring 2015 Collection
photograph by Mario Testino via
Inspired. I started a new still life.
Something in a floral?
photo by Anastasia Casale via
I've been following Sag Harbor Florist on Instagram. Owner and designer Anastasia Casale always has beautiful and inspiring photos to share. Definitely give her a follow. I must visit the shop soon.
photo Sag Harbor Florist via
Dolce and Gabbana Spring/Summer 2015 via
The Spanish Grandmothers in recent ads for Dolce and Gabbana caught my eye. Red roses become them. Aren't they dear? 
You can count on Marders for something in a floral.
Rebecca Louise Law
photo via
I recently discovered artist Rebecca Louise Law. To say that she is a floral designer is a gross understatement. Law has an installation up in the Viacom lobby until April that I would really like to see. Go to her website for more of her work. It is really quite spectacular.

Flowers hanging at the Viacom installation.
photo by Robert Wright via
Are you thinking about flowers as much as I am?

2 comments:

  1. I have to tell yu that is one of my fave photos ypu have posted..your art..with the whole wor vignette..The fabric..your painting..the brushes..palette:) Love this Gail..and a peek into your studio.
    I loved the grandmothers the day I first saw them..and lovely that curtain of blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monique... I was actually a bit hesitant to post it as it is in the beginning stages and I can see all of the things I need to fix!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!