Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring Forward

The daffodils are already beginning to bloom. Lynch's Garden Center has signs of spring arriving daily. Pansies, ranunculi, and more create a colorful display. I was breathing deeply of the scents as I wandered among the plants. Where was the beautiful soft scent coming from? I buried my nose in a bunch of pansies. Mmmm I didn't realize that pansies have their own perfume! Senses are beginning to wake up. I left Lynch's with new garden gloves and a trowel with a nice deep bowl. The garden list begins! A catalogue from Swedish designer Gudrun Sjoden inspires thoughts of garden party dresses. 
Spring planning also includes getting ready for the Guild Hall Member's Show. Time to choose a painting and send in a registration. If you are considering it, the only requirement to enter is to be at least 18 years old and a museum member. I look forward to participating each spring. The show is a great museum fund raiser (entrance fees and percentage of any art sales) and it is an honor to exhibit work with that of other east end artists.
For more information about the Guild Hall Member's Show
go to their website here

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty post Gail!

    I love ranunculus and pansies..the art you donated..it's one of my faves..and your header..is it one of your artworks?

    Happy almost Spring... Spring forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy almost Spring Monique! I need pink and yellow... I did the painting of a friend's house in Water Mill. They have spectacular spring blooming trees. Thank you for your kind words on the Circle Beach painting! I only donate half of the sale proceeds if it sells at Guild Hall. So the artist benefits from the exposure as well as has a chance to make a little $$

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!