Monday, May 16, 2016

Doodling With The Tanster

The artist known as The Tanster @gemeinschaftprojekt posted an invitation to "do art" at Ashawagh Hall on Instagram. The Ashawagh calendar listed a student art show. Knowing only to expect the unexpected, I travelled to the Springs in East Hampton.
Ashawagh Hall was abuzz with activity. Artist workshops under multiple tents. I looked for The Tanster's signature rainbow.
The Tanster is re-known throughout the East End for street art. Art placed in unexpected public places. The Tanster's work rises above the commonplace, combining both visual and performance art. The art challenges the finder to help others, to perform positive work in the community. Each piece is signed on the back with a link to the Coalition for Women's Cancers at Southampton Hospital. It is up to the finder to pay forward the positivity of the gift of Tanster's art and contribute in a positive way to the community.  
The Tanster is an artist of many skills. Painter, playwright, photographer, filmmaker, clothing designer and historian. Today the Tanster was at Ashawagh Hall encouraging us all to doodle. Two blank canvases with marks at the bottom to guide. The goal, to encourage participants to doodle ROYGBIV, the Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue Indigo, Violet of the rainbow.
The Tanster beckons. Of course you can doodle... and I began the red.
 
Pikachu inspiration and the beginning of the orange section.
Two new participants continue the orange.
I was amazed by the dedication of the artist contributors. Each took a single color marker and doodled according to the plan. The two artists above completed the orange section. 
Green, Blue, Violet
Down at the Violet end of the rainbow. A fish emerges and screenplays are discussed.
The Tanster has Go-pro footage on Instagram of the day's doodling. I hope we may find a photo of today's completed rainbow canvas there also. Thank you Tanster for an inspiring afternoon!

6 comments:

  1. You have mentioned her before..I am almost positive..looks like a great day and I think everything turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have a Tanster that I found in East Hampton one rainy day.

      Delete
  2. Great post!!! Wonderful coverage and so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Well done! Couldn't have done it without you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I hogged the red section! I was having so much fun I couldn't stop. You are an inspiration!

      Delete
  4. You found her! I love it, great doodles xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!