Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Beachy Keen

Even with clouds, a day at Flying Point beach is spectacular.
In fact, I think the clouds make it look even more spectacular. Its as though they add depth to the sky.
The water is refreshing rather than chilling.
I love the various beach umbrellas. Ours are blue, of course.
I thought about painting one umbrella red for contrast, but no.... still experimenting with water color. 
Hugh was dashing off little portraits in his sketchbook. I think he is getting quite good at them.
Sketchbook page by Hugh Gallagher
The surf was fairly flat, only the boogie boarders and body surfers were catching waves. Our surfboards have been seriously neglected this summer. I think we may have to turn them into art.
In Sag Harbor, SURFARI is closed.
I have never seen them open.
Gone surfing, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. ♥ everything:)Beach..beach shoes..watercolor..sketches..umbrellas..chairs:) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your watercolor and love Hugh's people sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!